self-care: doing the things that make you feel more like yourself.
It is a very strange and challenging time that we are living through right now. The future seems to change by the second, one-by-one stores and restaurants are closing, no paper goods or cleaning supplies can be found. It is so easy to get caught up in the panic and allow our stress and anxieties to build up. We are here to reassure you that everything is going to be okay and that we are all in this together!
DID YOU KNOW? April is National Stress Awareness Month
Self-care is always key, but especially during this time. Here are some tips on how to reduce the feelings of stress, lower anxieties and just show yourself some love!
- Take a bath: soaking in a warm bath has been proven to elevate your mood, help you sleep better, reduces blood pressure and so much more. Make it a little more relaxing by adding our Stress-Fix soaking salts.
- Read a book: Click on the link below to view the top-rated books of 2020 so far!
- Exercise: Gyms may be closed, but you can still get a good workout in by doing some workouts from home such as: running, walking the dogs, yoga on the back porch or use youtube to look up so simple at-home workouts!
- Take a nap: Naps can increase alertness and brings relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Meditate: Meditating helps reduce stress, controls anxiety, can generate kindness, promotes emotional health and so much more!
Remember to social distance! We know its hard, especially since the weather is starting to get warmer and the sun is staying out longer. But, there are still ways to have fun while staying at home!
- Take a walk/run
- Toss a ball with your pups in the back yard
- Read a book (check out the best books of 2020 so far in the link we listed above.)
- Pick up a new hobby
- Binge watch a new show
- Deep clean your house
- Facetime your family/friends
- Start a new at-home workout routine
How to support Jade during our time of closure:
- Purchase a gift card to use towards future services. Purchase $50, receive $10 for FREE!
- Shop with us online!
- Follow, like and share our social media posts.
- Shout out your stylist or esthetician on social media.
- Leave us a review on Google, Facebook or Listen360.
How to show you stylist/esthetician support, WAIT FOR THEM! We know it’s hard not having the option to visit your stylist or esthetician during this time. Here are some tips to make it through this time without them!
- DON’T COLOR YOUR OWN HAIR: Wear a cute hat instead to hide the grays as they grow in.
- DON’T CUT YOUR OWN BANGS: Clip them back instead.
- DON’T CUT YOUR OWN HAIR: Wear it up in a ponytail or bun.
- DON’T TRY TO DO YOUR OWN HIGHLIGHTS: Wear your hair back in a cute braid to blend the grow out.
- MEN: DON’T TRY TO CUT YOUR OWN HAIR: Use a pair of trimmers to trim around your neckline and around the ears.
- DON’T WAX YOUR OWN BROWS: Try tweezing any extra hairs that seem out of place, or cover with concealer to help blend. DON’T TRY TO RESHAPE YOUR BROWS!
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Give yourself a mini facial: Cleanse skin with your favorite cleanser, tone, apply any corrective serums, eye creme and moisturize.
- Mini body treatment: While in the shower, use some exfoliating gloves, or a loofa and gently exfoliate your skin all over. Cleanse skin with a gentle body wash and rinse. Moisturize once you are out of the shower.
- Apply a hair masque/treatment. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Rinse out in the shower.
- Try styling your hair differently. This could be something as little as switching up where you part your hair, if you usually curl it wear it straight and vise versa. If you have naturally curly hair, try wearing it in your natural curl. Youtube some easy updo styles!
- Hand and foot treatment: Apply some of our Hand Relief & Foot Relief to hands and feet. Put on a pair of light-weight gloves and socks and sleep in them. You will wake up with the softest hands and feet!
Continue to follow the blog! We will continue to post more “self-care” at home treatments!
Through the month of April, each day we will be featuring a different team member as apart of our TEAM MEMBER SPOTLIGHTS! Follow our Instagram and Facebook pages to show your stylist/esthetician some love!
As of now, we will be closed through April 30th. We are continuing to follow all updates from the President, the CDC, and our Governor and will update everyone when we are told anything different. Please continue to follow our emails and our social pages for the latest information. We miss each and every one of you and are looking forward to being back in the salon! Take care, we will see you soon!