We’re going VEGAN!!
To some of you this may come as a shock. Aveda has always been plant based and cruelty free, but we can now say that ALL of our products are 100% vegan! Join us in celebrating Veganuary. This January, we are making the pledge to focus on a Vegan inspired lifestyle. Did you know, one person being vegan for one month
-saves 33,481 gallons of water
-prevents 620 pounds of harmful CO2 from entering our atmosphere
-saves 30 animals lives
-saves 913 square feet of forest
These are craaaazy numbers! And taking one small step makes such a big impact! Not ready to fully commit to a vegan inspired life? Here are a few tips on things you can do in your daily life to still make a huge impact!
-shop cruelty free brands
-eat 1 vegan meal a day
-eat a more plant based diet
-substitute proteins for plant based proteins
What do these terms mean??
Vegan: someone that does not consume animal products of any kind, including honey. Veganism normally also includes using only vegan, cruelty free cosmetics, clothing, etc.
Vegetarian: someone who does not eat meat but does eat dairy and eggs.
Pescatarian: someone who does not eat meat except for fish.
Vegan protein substitutes: beans and peas (kidney beans, chickpeas, green peas, black beans), tofu and tempeh, quinoa, seitan (not gluten free), lentils, nutritional yeast (used to create “cheese” flavor), veggie burgers, beyond meat and impossible burgers, hemp seeds.
Dairy Free and Meat Free substitutes:
Milk: almond, coconut, oat, soy and cashew milk.
Coffee creamer: Silk offers almond, coconut and soymilk creamers. Califia Farms has almond creamer. Coffee Mate also has dairy free options!
Cheese: Follow Your Heart and Daiya brands have shredded and sliced cheese. Violife at Whole Foods has vegan feta and smoked provolone slices.
Sour Cream and Cream Cheese: Harris Teeter carries their own brand of vegan sour cream and some carry the Good karma or Tofutti brand. Trader Joes has their brand of vegan cream cheese.
Butter: easy to find, recommend Earth Balance, Miyokos and Country Crock.
Eggs: Flax eggs.
Meat Replacement ideas: Smokey tempeh can be used as bacon substitute. Can also be crumbled and cooked like taco meat. Jackfruit is a shredded fruit that can be made to taste like what it is flavored with. You can cook it in BBQ sauce, lemon pepper marinade, teriyaki and more. Chickpeas can be mashed and used similarly to tuna or egg salad. You can also find vegan sausage, burgers and ground beef from brands like Lightlife, Beyond Meat and Impossible Burger.
Winter Months are officially here!!
Cooler months call for self care! Whether it’s in salon or at home, always take up the opportunity to indulge in some self care. Here are some ways you can treat yourself during these cold months.
- Get a facial. The great thing about our facials is they are 100% customizable to the guest in the room. Our amazing estheticians will have a consultation with you to get an idea of your concerns and wants are and create a customized facial best for you and your skin type!
- Try a scalp treatment at your next cut or with a blowout service! Our Pramasana scalp treatment is sure to leave your scalp feeling refreshed! In preparation for optimal cleansing, our Pramasana exfoliating scalp brush will be used to exfoliate the scalp to help loosen build-up and impurities. It also helps increase microcirculation, creating an optimal foundation for beautiful hair. Next, the use of our Pramasana Purifying Scalp Cleanser will come into play. It deeply cleanses and purifies the scalp to help instantly balance sebum levels, while it exfoliates and removes pollution, creating a clean scalp foundation for beautiful hair. Last but not least, our Pramasana Protective Scalp Concentrate will be applied all over the scalp. It helps balance sebum levels to maintain the purity of the scalp at the room of the hair. This leave-in treatment penetrates the surface layers of the scalp to nourish and help preserve the scalps natural protective barrier, while helping protect the scalp from aggressors such as pollution and other free radicals.
- Get a botanical treatment! Strengthens your hair by 5x in the first use!
- Take a warm bath using our Stress-Fix soaking salts, a sugar and mineral-rich bath salt infused with an aroma proven to reduce feelings of stress.
- Do an at home lip treatment! Take a small spoolie, such as a disposable mascara wand, and gently scrub your lips for about 15 seconds. When you are finished, apply our Feed my Lips Pure Nourish-Mint Lip Treatment.
Show yourself some love this Valentines day with a blowout and facial package!
Treat yourself to our blowout and facial package for only $60! (valued at $78-$94) Includes a 30 minute facial and a blowout with one of our new talent or skill certified stylists! Offer valid for purchase January 1st-February 14th 2021. Must be used by March 31st, 2021. Exclusions apply.
The best compliment you can give us is a referral!
Did you know that if you refer a friend you can get $25 off your next product purchase?! And they can get $20 off of their first service* with us?! How?? Just ask us for one of our referral cards to give to anyone you know!!
*First time service must be $40 or more.
Get Silicone Smart
How do Silicones work?
Silicones are polymers containing alternating silicone and oxygen atoms. They can be fluid, resinous or rubbery. They repel water and remain stable, even at high temperatures. In hair care, silicones:
-Spread evenly on hair strands to create a smooth, silky, water-repellent barrier.
-Improve texture of the hair, making it feel smooth; however, some consumers think silicones cause the hair to feel coated or unnatural.
-Reduce friction, which prevents damage and breakage.
-Provide thermal protection from heat styling.
-Increases humidity resistance.
-Reduces hair color fading through water resistance.
-Can last multiple washes.
Some Aveda products contain silicones. We are continually looking for ingredients to replace silicones. When we can achieve the same high-quality, salon performance, we replace silicones with naturally derived ingredients. Aveda is working to replace silicones wherever possible because we are committed to increasing the naturally derived content of our formulas, we want to reduce our carbon footprint and creating silicone requires a lot of energy, and silicones are highly stable which means they are not readily biodegradable. We want our formulas as biodegradable as possible. At Aveda, we are replacing silicones as we identify naturally derived replacements that can meet our exceed silicone performance. We are working with our suppliers to fine a new plant-based ingredients that provide the benefits of silicones without the high-energy processing and with better biodegradability.
Which Aveda Products are Silicone-Free?
Botanical Repair: Strengthening Shampoo & Conditioner, Strengthening Leave-In Treatment and Intensive Strengthening Masque Light & Rich.
Cherry Almond: Softening Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave-In Conditioner.
Foam Reset Rinseless Hydrating Hair Cleanser.
Invati Advanced Exfoliating Shampoo Light
Nutriplenish: Shampoo and Conditioner Light and Deep Moisture, Daily Moisturizing Treatment, Leave-In Conditioner and Multi-Use Hair Oil.
Rinseless Refresh Micellar Hair & Scalp Refresher.
Rosemary Mint: Purifying Shampoo and Weightless Conditioner.
Sap Moss: Weightless Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner.
Shampure: Nurturing Shampoo and Conditioner
Cherry Almond: Body Lotion and Hand & Body Wash
Rosemary Mint Hand & Body Wash
Shampure: Body Lotion and Hand & Body Wash
New year, new YOU!
Be sure to follow us on social media to learn all of our new years tips and tricks to start your year off right! Learn everything about hair, skin and how-to tutorials in 2021! This year is all about self care!
Dates to Remember
Thursday, December 31st: Jade will be closing at 6pm.
Friday, January 1st: Jade will be closed.
Wednesday, January 6th: Jade will close from 1:30p-3:15p for our monthly team meeting.
Saturday, January 23rd: Jade will close at 2pm.
Updates on what you need to know before your next appointment!
- We ask that you give us a call or text us at 336-292-5555 to let us know you have arrived for your appointment. If you do not receive a response or call back by your appointment time, please come up to the salon door for us to assist you!
- You must come unaccompanied to your appointment (this does include children) and keep all personal items to a minimum.
- We will apply hand sanitizer to your hands when you come in and have you answer a few questions regarding your recent health.
- All guests and team members MUST wear a mask in the salon. It must be one that wraps around your ears, not around your head. If needed, we have them for $.50.
- We are still offering chairside checkout! If you would like to place a card on file to make your checkout process easier, please give us a call at 336-292-5555 or let us know when you arrive for your appointment.
- Tea service is back! Enjoy it to-go at the completion of your service.
- Stations do adhere to the 6-foot social distancing guidelines. The stations that do not meet that 6-foot standard have had a partition placed in-between them.
- All community surfaces (includes but is not limited to door knobs, handles, tables, rails, sinks, chairs, tools, etc.) are wiped down every 30 minutes with approved disinfectants. All team members are required to sanitize chairs, shampoo bowls and all other surfaces in between guests.
- Products can be returned (even if opened) as long as they are returned within 30 days of the purchase date. If it is 30 days after the purchase date, we can give you a store credit.
- There is now a limited seating area inside of the salon for you to wait for your appointment. We are still encouraging you to call or text us at 336-292-5555 to let us know that you are here for you appointment due to our capacity limit. If you do not receive a response by your appointment time, please come to the salon door for assistance. All guests must still come unaccompanied to their appointments.
- We are still not able to offer rituals at this time.
- Although we are allowing in store shopping, curbside pickup is still available and encouraged to limit the number of people in the salon at a time. Please give us a call to shop at home products and to place your order at 336-292-5555!